August 27, 2005

Good Run

I finally got a good night's sleep last night. B went to sleep about 9:45, and once I was able to tear myself away from the Steelers-Redskins preseason game (about 10:45), I went to sleep. I went to check on B when he woke up a little after four, but J came in right away to feed him, so I went back to sleep. I woke up for good about a quarter to eight when I heard Puff, but had been dozing on and off for an hour or so since then. I haven't written much about Puff lately, but he's adjusted well to the new baby. He was actually a little scared at first--he wouldn't go near B in the hospital--but now he'll give B fives and kisses.

A good night's sleep made such a difference during my run today. I thought it was supposed to be sunny and warm, but it was cool and drizzly this morning. It drizzled occasionally as I ran, but it didn't rain hard. It actually made for a nice run. I ran a loop that was a little shy of seven miles and added on a loop around a parking lot to make it seven. My calves were a little tight, but otherwise my legs felt great. Overall I ran the seven miles at just under an eight-minute pace, a pace I sometimes run on my easy days but a pace I haven't really touched lately.

No comments: