May 28, 2004

The Long Weekend

I'm looking forward to having a nice, relaxing three-day weekend. I'm going to get some rest, go on a little trip, cook out, and of course, run.

Yesterday's running went well. I ran 7 miles before work, and then another 3 over to the softball field after work with some co-workers. Running in DC, with all the stopping and starting we had to do yesterday, is not my favorite thing to do, but it was nice to run with some other people instead of by myself.

Softball, on the other hand, did not go so well. We lost. I'm not sure exactly what the final score was, but I know it was worse than last week. I think it was something like 18-8. We just didn't play the way we did last week.

I was up late last night, so I didn't run in the morning. I'll get my run in when I get home from work.

I'm taking a trip Sunday to Charlottesville, VA. I've been there before to visit some of my wife's friends who went to UVA. My mother-in-law wants to surprise my father-in-law with a trip there this summer, so my wife, sisters-in-law, and I are going to scout things out. It should be fun.

No comments: