May 26, 2004

Rain Rain Go Away

I really wish this weather would improve. I tried to get a workout in yesterday afternoon when I got home from work, but I only made it a little less than halfway before the storm came. The plan was to warm up and then do 10x2 min on, 2 min off at the soccer fields near my house. I did four before I stopped due to the lightning and thunder and then pouring rain. What I did get done went pretty well, but I was a little tired. I could have tried to do this workout before instead of after work, but I'm more warmed up after work and so I run faster.

It didn't help that I got home from work about 45 minutes later than I wanted to. There was an accident in the HOV lanes that backed traffic up for a few miles. The HOV lanes work well for the most part, but when there's an accident traffic backs up quickly.

I got up to run before work this morning, but once again it was thunderstorming. I'm going to try to run after work today. Hopefully the results will be better than yesterday.

No comments: