May 21, 2004

The Plan

The plan for tonight is to run when I get home. I didn't get to bead early enough last night to feel like I could double today. It's also my son's first half-birthday today, and we're going to my in-laws to celebrate.

Softball went well last night, even though we lost 8-7 in extra innings. I went 3 for 4 if you keep score in the normal baseball fashion, 4 for 4 if you keep score the way we do in softball. The other team scored the winning run tagging up from second base. The ball was thrown to third but got by the third baseman and the winning run scored.

I'm hoping to get in a fartlek workout tonight, something like 10x2 min on, 2 min off. I'll probably do it on the soccer fields at Chinn, as long as they're not all taken.

Speaking of getting to bed, I wonder if there's anything I can do to improve my sleep. I haven't been sleeping as well as I'd like for a while now. It's very rare for me to go the whole night without waking up at least once. I've turned the clock away from me so I can't see it if I wake up in the middle of the night and that's helped me go back to sleep more easily if I do wake up, but it certainly hasn't help solve the problem of my waking up in the middle of the night in the first place. Quality/amount of sleep does directly affect my running, and I'd really like to increase both.

No comments: