July 09, 2004

Another Long Weekend

I'm going "home" this weekend. My former home, that is. I'm going to visit my parents and brothers in Pittsburgh. I'm staying until Tuesday, so that makes two long weekends in a row. I'm looking forward to seeing the house--my parents had some remodeling done--and getting some rest.

I had another good week of training. I got my long run in Sunday with a good race/workout in the middle. Monday I ran 8 easy miles in the sweltering heat and humidity. I don't think 10 or 11 am is the best time to go for a run in July. Normally I'd run a workout Tuesday, but I was still feeling a little sore, so I pushed the workout back to Wednesday. Tuesday I just did an easy 10 miles.

My workout Wednesday went well. I warmed up to the soccer fields and then ran 4x5 min. around the middle field. I did a little more than three and a half laps per repeat, and I was pleased that on each repeat I ran a little further than the last. The only downside to the workout was the grass was soaking wet and my shoes and socks got wet.

Thursday I ran an easy 8 miles. Normally I'd double today but after softball last night I was up late packing and I decided to sleep in so I wouldn't be falling asleep on the drive this afternoon. I may run when I get to Pittsburgh, but I doubt it.

No comments: