July 22, 2004

A Little Fartlek

I did 10 miles on the bike path today, with 10 x 2 min. on, 2 min. off. It was warmer and more humid this morning, so I was thoroughly soaked by the time I made it home. The workout went pretty well; I didn't go too fast on the first few "on" sections, but the last six or seven were run at a good clip.

I learned this morning that it's hard to set my watch in the dark. I thought the timer was already set for two minutes, but it was actually still set at five minutes from the last time I used it. I hardly ever set anything on my watch, so I'm not completely familiar with the buttons I need to push. Add that to the fact that it was still dark while I was trying to set my watch, and maybe you'll understand why it took me about five minutes to do that should take 30 seconds.

Yesterday I did an easy nine miles. I was pretty tired, and I ran about 9 minute pace.

So far this week I've run 55.5 miles. Assuming I run what I'm planning on for the next two days, I'll end up with 76.5 miles for the week, my highest week for the year.

No comments: