July 14, 2004

My Pgh. Trip

I had a very good time on my trip back home. It was nice to be able to relax for a few days. I only have two complaints: the sofa bed and brothers who stay up all night. The sofa bed, while new, was still a sofa bed and therefore uncomfortable. And it didn't help that my brothers were up and about making noise while I was trying to sleep.

My running went very well while I was in Pgh. I did the vast majority of it on a trail that's about a half mile from my house. Part of the trail is a crushed limestone (I think) and the rest is asphalt. Saturday I did 10 miles, picking up the pace at the end.

Sunday I "ran into" a friend from high school while I was running. He's a year younger than me and is entering his fifth year of college. He redshirted his freshman year of cross and he has one more season left this fall. He's out of eligibility for track. I was about three miles into my run when I saw him and we ran the next two and half miles together before he went on and I turned around. It was nice to have a running partner for a little while.

Monday I ran 16 in the rain. Thankfully it wasn't raining the whole time, just for the last three miles or so. Anyway, I was already soaked to begin with since it had rained earlier and was very humid, so the rain didn't feel too bad. The 16 miles took just over two hours. I finished with my fastest mile of the run, 7:03 I believe. I was trying to run sub-7, but couldn't quite do it.

Tuesday I took it very easy and ran 6 miles at around 9 minute pace. I was pretty stiff when I started but loosened up as I went on and felt like I could have run a bit more. I did want to be home in enough time to get ready to leave though; my wife had a lacrosse game in the evening back in VA.

1 comment:

Katie said...

keep up the great work!!