July 19, 2004

Catching Up, Again

I know I haven't posted much lately, I've been very busy at work and then just relaxed when I wasn't running this weekend.

I'll start with Wednesday. My run was uneventful. I had a late night Tuesday and kind of slogged through 7 tired miles. It didn't feel too slow while I was running, but I was surprised to have been running about 9 minute pace when I got home.

Thursday I did a tempo run. I found a track that I don't have to climb over a fence to get too. I warmed up with a little under 4 miles, and then ran 5000 meters on the track at approximately tempo pace. It was a little slower than I would have liked, but I don't expect too much at 5:30 in the morning. I finished the 5000 in 20:26 nad then cooled down 2 miles or so home.

I had another late night Thursday (we got kicked off our first softball field, so we had to find another field and the game got started late). I did 5 miles in the morning before work and was planning on a few more in the afternoon, but when I got home I was so exhausted I called it a day.

Saturday morning I was planning on doing 10 miles. It was not a pleasant experience. My stomach bothered me the entire way, and I walked the last two and a half miles home. I made it to the halfway point and turned around and only made it a little more than a mile until I had to stop and walk. I ran again in a few minutes, but only made it a few minutes before I said "Screw it" and walked the rest of the way home.

I felt better Sunday and had a great long run. I ended up running 16.5 miles. I picked up the pace for portions of the run and near the end (about 13.5 miles in) I ran a 1600 on the track in 6:26. I've read about KK finishing his long runs with a hard mile or two on the track and though it would be good to try.

This morning I did 6 easy miles. I'm going to run a few more when I get home.

No comments: