April 09, 2005

Checking In

I haven't written too much this week, as I've been pretty busy as usual. But since it's Saturday, I have some time to recap my week.

Sat-This morning I did a tempo run on the track. I warmed up for a half-hour, and then ran 5000+ meters on the track in 20:38. I say 5000+ because there was a bench and tables in lane one on the backstretch, forcing me to go around them and add a little more distance to my run. Sure, I could have moved them, but I didn't want to stop between my warm up and the tempo portion of my run. I was hoping to run a little faster, but I'm happy with my performance.

Fri-I ran 8 miles, about half of that in the rain. Luckily the temperature was about 60, so I didn't get cold. This run was pretty slow since I went to bed late Thursday night and was tired.

Thu-I did another hill workout this morning. I didn't run it where I usually do but ran it on another hill, where I grossly underestimated its length. It only took me a little more than a minute to run up the hill, when I was hoping to find a hill that would take me two minutes or more to reach the top. I did 10 repeats of the hill, so in essence my workout was more like hill fartlek, about 10 x 1 min on, 1 min off.

Wed-No running. I slept in. I was tired when my alarm went off, so I didn't get up. I left for work early and hoped to run in the afternoon when I got home, but I didn't leave work on time and it took me longer to get home than I had hoped.

Tue-I ran 10 miles. My groin was feeling better, and my legs weren't too sore, so I decided to add two miles to the eight I was planning.

Work was better this week, it wasn't quite as hectic. I learned last week that we're reorganizing again because apparently the first one didn't quite work. Honestly, though, I think the problem is more of a staffing issue than anything else. We don't have the people needed to do the work. Lacrosse is now in full swing for J, so she's gone almost every day when I get home from work. Coaching two teams, as well as being pregnant and having to watch Puff is stressful. Next year she's only going to coach one team.

No comments: