April 10, 2005

Long Run

This morning I did the first true long run I've done for a little while. I ran out and back along the bike path for 14 miles. It was a great morning to run, clear and about 40 degrees. I actually saw some other people out this morning, although all of them were on bikes. Even though I call it the "bike path," I don't actually see very many people riding their bikes.

I felt pretty good even though I did the tempo run yesterday. I did the long run at a fairly easy pace, although I did pick it up a little and run the second half of the run faster than the first. I read in the training plan article in the latest Running Times that Joe Rubio's athletes have a hard day Saturday and then do the long run Sunday, so I though I'd give it a try and see how it goes. It gives me a chance to get two good runs in without having to worry about getting to work.

No comments: