April 20, 2005

My Eyes

Allergy season is upon me. Growing up I was never allergic to anything in Pittsburgh, but since I've moved to South Carolina and then Virginia my allergies have become progressively worse. There are just massive amounts of pollen in the air here, making me sneeze and making my eyes itch. That said, even though I thought my eyes would bother me this morning, running actually made them feel better. I ran over to the high school track and ran a tempo run on the track. Even though some lights were on around the school, the track looked pitch black when I got there. The track sits below the school. Once I got down to the track there was enough light. The tempo run didn't quite go as well as I had hoped, but it was still a good workout. I really think that if I did run in the afternoon I'd be able to do my workouts faster, but that's just not an option at the moment.

No comments: