April 14, 2005

Invisible

Zeke wrote a little while ago about how he tries to make his running "invisible" to his family. I'd really like to be able to do that too, but it's difficult. I'd prefer to run in the afternoon, but leaving work on time when I go in early is not an easy task. Also, after being alone for pretty much all day with Puff, the toddler who can't sit still, J wants me to watch him when I get home. And my commute each way is about an hour. So I run in the morning before work. I don't mind, but then sleep becomes an issue. I don't usually do well on little sleep.

I've thought about moving away from DC, to somewhere where my commute each way would not take an hour. I can see it happening, but the part that worries me most is finding a new job. I can see myself progressing and being promoted where I work now, but who knows what might happen somewhere else?

No comments: