December 13, 2005

Update

I've been running lately (lately being the last four days), but just been too busy to post. I'm not sure exactly why it happened, but on Friday I just started to feel more relaxed about the whole holiday situation. It's only around for a little while longer and then things will return to normal.

Saturday I ran five easy miles, slipping and sliding through the ice and snow that remained from Friday. Sunday I ran an 8k race in 31:35. I'll write a race report soon. Monday I ran six miles and this morning I ran eight. I planned on running on a local golf course this morning, but the combination of the darkness and the fact that I didn't know exactly where I was going made me change my mind. Instead, I turned around and just made up my run as I went along, finishing after eight miles.

I'm not sure how permanent it will be, but I'll be switching to afternoon running for the near future. J wants me to go into work earlier in order to come home earlier. When I get home, I'll take Puff and go for a run. After the holidays, or maybe not until late spring when B is a little older, I'll go back to running in the morning. I like running in the morning better; I can run first thing and not worry about something coming up later. I'd rather only be running in the afternoon when I'm doubling.

No comments: