December 16, 2005

Welcome Home!

Wednesday was my first day of going to work early, getting home early. I planned on running when I got home, but plans change. One of J's best friends had just returned home from her stint in Lesotho with the Peace Corps and was coming over for dinner. She was bringing someone with her, and they were going to arrive around 7:30, which would have given me enough time to run. But the plans changed, and they were able to come earlier. I had just enough time to go pick up dinner from Take-N-Bake and get home and put it in the oven. So no running Wednesday.

Thursday I took the day off from work to try to take care of some Christmas stuff as well as go to B's doctor's appointment. I didn't get all the Christmas stuff I wanted to do done, but did get Puff and B's picture with Santa. Puff was kind of apprehensive, but was OK when mommy sat with him. The doctor's appointment went well; B's weight and height have risen to where they should be for his age and he doesn't have to go back to the gastrointerologist. He's so chubby now.

After I got home from the doctor's I went out for my run. I ran seven miles along the Parkway in a cold light rain. We had a winter storm yesterday that went from snow to a cold rain. In a way, I was glad that it rained because it helped get rid of a lot of the icy patches on the path. J and I took the kids for a walk in the morning before the storm started and were slipping and sliding all over the place. I had a good run, once I was far enough along that my stomach felt better. One benefit to running in the afternoon is that I'm loosened up and run the route a few minutes faster than I would in the morning.

No comments: