December 29, 2005

You Can't Trust the Weather Channel

The Weather Channel said the temperature was 41 degrees when I was ready to run last night. I figured that the actual temperature in Woodbridge was about 45, because the temperature the Weather Channel shows is from Manassas, which is just west of Woodbridge but usually a few degrees colder. Once I went outside it felt even warmer than 45, and when I ran by the stadium the clock said it was 51 degrees. I was dressed in a long sleeve shirt and shorts, and it was a good thing I only did six miles, because I was sweating pretty well when I was finished. I peeled the long sleeve shirt right off as soon as I got inside.

I was tired when I headed out last night, and close to just saying forget it and not running. I figured, though, that I'd feel better if I started to run, felt terrible, and turned around than not running at all. About a mile in, I was cursing my decision to run. Not long after that, though, I started feeling better, and when I finished I felt like I could easily run more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've found that the weather channel tells lies here in Jersey too. I like accuweather.com, noaa.com and the weatherbug.com desktop application. Run on!