January 26, 2006

Eight is Great!

Today is the third day in a row that I've run eight miles. I've run out and back along the parkway and two different eight mile loops. I'm not sure what my seeming fascination with the eight-mile distance is. When I was living in Alexandria, I had an eight-mile loop I ran often and when I ran in the park I often ended at eight miles. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's about an hour's worth of running for me. I hope, though, that eight miles won't be a hard hump to get over in the coming weeks as I increase my mileage. I want ten and twelve to become the new eight.

B has a new schedule. He used to go to bed between ten and eleven, but now he's going to bed between eight and nine. This means more sleep for me, which is good, because I'm sick. It's really just a sore throat, but it's pretty annoying. Thankfully I don't notice it while I run.

No comments: