January 31, 2006

Still Recovering

The worst part about my current sickness is the fact that I almost never get sick. J joked about wanting to say "Ha ha!" when she found out I wasn't feeling well. This cold has dragged on for a week now, and given my current state I don't see an end very soon.

Sunday I ran six miles. My legs were sore from the long run Saturday, but didn't feel too bad. After a late Sunday night, I took Monday off. This morning I ran five miserable miles. I didn't feel good at all and just wanted to be done. I'm going to take some time off until my cold gets better. I chastised myself for not running Friday, but my condition hasn't improved and if anything it's gotten a little worse. I'm hoping a few good-night's-sleeps will have me feeling better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, we have to listen to our bodies. It stinks being injured or ill, but there are times when rest is necessary. I am glad that you are chilling so that you can get better sooner.
p.s. GNC's Zinc tablets work wonders and they don't taste too bad.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I really like the look of your blog. I hope you're feeling better soon. Thx for sharing the Pitt love. I scrolled down a bit and saw the "Go Steelers!" I'll definitely let you know what I think of the place.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog too. SOOOOO glad to find another Pittsburgher! Sorry to hear your dad went to Pitt but at least your brother made up for it. :) GO STEELERS!

(and I hope you feel better too...)