January 24, 2006

Getting Back on the Wagon

I'm exhausted today. It must be because I actually ran eight miles this morning. Sunday and Monday I didn't run at all. Sunday because I was lazy and didn't get up early and then the Steeler game was on, and Monday because B decided he wanted to party all night long instead of sleep. B didn't sleep very well last night either. I was up two or three times and so was J. He's sick though, so I can't really blame him.

This morning I ran out and back along the parkway. I actually saw three people who were out running in the early morning darkness, more than I usually see. What's really amazing to me, though, is the number of cars on the road at 5 am. There are quite a few people who I imagine are heading to work to beat the traffic. If I drove to work myself I'd seriously consider it.

Speaking of traffic, that 's probably another reason I'm tired. I commute to work by slugging. Usually I sleep on the way in, since I'm not driving. But today, the combination of backed up traffic in the HOV lanes and a chatty driver, I didn't get my nap.

No comments: