January 28, 2006

Sniffles

My little sore throat has become a full blown cold. I took yesterday off and slept in, hoping that would help. It did help a little, but not as much as I had hoped.

After thinking about it last night, I decided I wasn't sick enough to require any more time off. Actually, I was a little upset for using my cold as sort of an excuse to take yesterday off. This morning was my long run for the week. I ran a little over 14 miles, 14.4 according to gmap-pedometer.com. The first few miles had me wondering what I was doing out there, but that feeling passed and the rest of the run went well. As Evan suggested, I didn't consume anything during the run in an attempt to convince my body to use fat as fuel. My long runs are not quite as long as his yet, but in the past I would usually take some water/Gatorade and a gel with me for a 14-mile run. I did feel as if I was running on fumes for those last few miles.

No comments: