January 16, 2006

Holiday

I don't have work today, so I took the opportunity to run 10 miles this morning, rather than the 7-8 I have been running on weekday mornings. I ran out and back along the parkway, on a nice 30 degree morning. Except for a few days, this winter has been very mild. During the second half of the run my left IT band got a little tight, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. I made sure to stretch it out when I got home.

I finished last week with 48 miles in six days, and this week I'd like to get up to 60 miles in seven days. The 10 miles this morning was a good start to it. Since I haven't updated for a few days, here's how the training went:
Wed.-8 miles
Thu.-7 miles
Fri.-8 miles
Sat.-10 miles
Sun.-off

Go Steelers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome run! I am still working up to the typical 25 mile a week base. :(
It's sort of crazy. I have never been a winter person, but running in the 30's feels awesome. Good luck on the 60 miles this week.