June 16, 2004

???????

Will I run today or not? That is the question. Had my week gone according to plan, I would have run 10 miles or so this morning. However, when developing my plan, I forgot that my wife had a get-together with some friends last night. She went over with her sister and was going to call me when things were wrapping up so I could bring the baby and come get her. Of course evryone couldn't just say "Hi, baby!" and leave, so we hung around for a little while. I got to bed about 11 and was going to get up at 5 and run a little less than planned. Sleeping in, running, and coming in late to work was not an option because I had a meeting at 9:30 and had to prepare some materials beforehand. If you haven't figured it out already, I didn't run this morning. I was tired and just tried to sleep a little more.

My wife occasionally tells me to sleep in, run, and go to work late. She tells me just to take some sick leave, of which I have plenty to be able to take an hour or two here and there. I haven't done this yet, but the more late nights I have the more tempting it becomes. However, I worry about saying I'm sick when I'm really not. I guess I could say I don't "feel well," which while technically true because I'm tired doesn't seem to be the same as being sick. I should just try it one day and see what happens.

No comments: