June 03, 2004

My Workout

Despite my halfhearted efforts to convince myself not to, I did my workout this morning. I warmed up by running over to the soccer fields. My workout was 5 repeats of 2 laps around the lowest soccer field, and then up the hill to the sign near the top of the parking lot. Then it was back down the hill to recover and start the next repeat. Each repeat was probably a little less than 3/4 of a mile, based on my time. Before each of them my legs felt heavy and stiff, but once I started running they felt fine. Including the warm up and cool down, I ended up with about 9 miles total.

I'm not running over to the field for the softball game tonight. My wife has a meeting tonight and won't be able to make it to the game, so I had to drive into work to have a ride home. I'll just drive over to the game so I don't have to come back to work to get my car.

What's up with the weather these past two mornings? Both today and yesterday I was rained on, even though only half the sky was cloudy. If I looked in one direction, it looked like rain. But if I looked in the other direction, I could see the sun coming up and blue sky. What the heck?

No comments: