June 14, 2004

Catching Up

It's been a little while since I've written, but I've been busy. My day off Friday was not bad, except for the weather. It started raining about noon and didn't quit until well into the night. I finished 9th in the XC race Friday night, but I was only about 10 seconds out of 5th. There was a group of four runners that finished just in front of me. If the race were a little longer I think I would have caught them. I ran 19:05, about 20 seconds slower than last year. I'm not surprised with the time, though, given the conditions. When I picked up my spikes Saturday morning they felt like bricks.

Saturday was nice. My dad came to visit for some of Saturday before he left to see his brother in Maryland. He didn't get in until late Friday night and I decided to sleep a little more instead of run Saturday morning. The lacrosse fields were fine. It didn't rain to heavily Friday; it just rained steadily for a long time.

Sunday I got up early and ran 10 miles. I woke up as the run went on. We went back to the lacrosse fields for the final game of the season in the afternoon.

This is another short week for me. I'm leaving Friday for South Carolina to attend a friend's wedding. It'll be a good chance to catch up with some people I haven't seen for about 2 years now. I also get to try out the jogging stroller this week. I think Puff will like it as long as he's not too hungry when we go out.

No comments: