June 22, 2004

Catching Up

It's been a few days since I've written, so I do have some catching up to do. The trip to South Carolina was fun. It was nice to see some friends I hadn't seen for a while. The wedding was very nice, but why anyone thinks an outdoor reception in South Carolina in June is a good idea is beyond me. I didn't run at all while in South Carolina.

Our office move went pretty smoothly. All of my stuff made it safely over to my new office. The one big problem is that my desk is not finished. It should form an L, but the second piece of the L is not here yet. All the Ls that were ordered were left hand Ls, but my desk needs a right hand L. At least I'm not the only one with this problem.

I ran 8 miles yesterday after work. My stomach bothered me again. I think I know what the problem is, though. I was thirsty yesterday while running and I think I was dehydrated. I don't think I drank enough over the weekend, and I was running around the building yesterday from office to office and didn't drink enough. I'm going to drink more the rest of this week and hopefully I'll feel better.

I may not be heading to Charleston in September after all. Our financial situation is probably not what it would need to be to make the trip. I'm going to look for a race of a similar distance closer to northern VA or Pittsburgh, where I grew up and my parents still live.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had forgotten about the VA Beach race, but I think that's still a little too far away. I've run the Shamrock 8K and enjoy that race a lot. There's a half-marathon in Fredericksburg, VA on Sep. 12, so that's the race I'm aiming for now.

Unknown said...

As far as improving your time, I would recommend some form of speedwork. It doesn't have to be anything structured. For example, in the middle of one of your runs you might run a couple segments of 2 min. fast, 2 min. slow.