June 29, 2004

The Weekend

I had a nice, relatively uneventful weekend. Friday I went for a run with Puff and he seemed to have a good time. We ran out along the bike path and seemed enthralled watching all of the cars go by. I couldn't get him to look at me when we had to wait to cross a street. He just wanted to watch the cars.

Saturday my wife and I walked to Starbucks in the morning and then I ran in the afternoon. Despite sleeping in until 8 or so, I felt sluggish all day. It's not the first time I've felt like this. I'd feel better if I got up at 6 instead of getting two more hours of sleep. It was a beautiful day to run, sunny, breezy, and not too humid at all.

Sunday my wife, Puff, and I went to the pool. He had a good time; I was cold the whole time I was in the water. The temperature was around 80, but it was still breezy. I did my long run after I got back from the pool; 15 miles in a little under two hours. I felt stiff when I started, but loosened up as I went along.

No comments: