November 22, 2005

The Difference a Day Makes

I felt much better running today than I did yesterday. I'm not completely over the cold, but the cold medicine I took definitely helped. I managed to get a good night's sleep as well. I ran six miles this morning, the majority of it on the trails near my parent's house. The six miles took just over 48 minutes.

I wish that there were trails like this near my house in Virginia. The surface is crushed limestone and the trail is marked every quarter mile. The limestone part is 2-3/4 miles long, though the trail continues on. After the limestone section ends, the rest is asphalt. It's also almost completely flat, making it great for workouts like tempo runs.

I've written about it recently, but reading Mike's latest entries really helped it sink in. If I'm going to be the best runner that I can be and also have a family, I'm going to be tired. But even if I am tired, I need to get out the door and on the roads.

No comments: