November 05, 2005

Kind of Lost

I didn't really get lost on my run this morning, the road just didn't go where I thought it did. I planned on running seven miles out and back along the Parkway, but I changed my mind and made a right turn off the Parkway instead. According to my map, if I follow the road I turned on to, make a left, go through a small section of woods, and come out on another road, I'll wind my way back toward home, and eventually come out on one of the main roads by my house. I made the left turn and followed the road until it ended at the woods. There was a path that went into the woods, so I followed it. The path ended a short time later at the Occoquan River. I didn't see anywhere else I could go, so I turned around and ran home the same way I came. I ran eight miles instead of seven, but one extra mile is no big deal.

It was a good run overall, except that about twenty minutes in I felt a little lightheaded and slowed down. I walked for a few minutes and then started to run again. I felt fine the rest of the time. I had a glass of Ovaltine before I left, so I don't think the lightheadedness had anything to do with a lack of calories. Maybe I was just tired.

No comments: