November 15, 2005

New Shoes

My new pair of the Brooks Axiom were waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. I needed new shoes; I had been feeling the lack of cushioning in my old ones. The new shoes felt great on my run this morning. Brooks has used a softer rubber in the forefoot, which is great for me since that's where I land. I ran the same six-mile loop that I ran Sunday in just over 50 minutes.

I can't say enough about Holabird Sports, which is where I bought the shoes. I've bought a few pairs of shoes from them, and their prices are great and they ship quickly. Ideally, I'd like to support one of the local running stores, but at this point I can't pass up the chance to save $20-25.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you like the Axioms, I use the Adrenalines and my one pair of Axioms wound up being too small. If you happen to wear a size 13 let me know, I'd be happy to send them to you free. They have about 12 miles on them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the offer, Mike, but I wear an 11.5.