November 10, 2005

Woof Woof

I made it out this morning for five miles. I averaged 8:30 pace for the five miles, which kind of surprised me since I thought I be running slower. I wasn't too tired, but my five mile loop is one of my hillier routes and the wind was gusting up to 30 miles an hour this morning.

I like this loop, except for the part that goes by the house with the dog. I don't see the dog every time that I go by, but I've seen him a few times. He's always just out in the yard. The house sits back off the road and on a hill, and even though it hasn't happened, I expect the dog to come running after me. I've been bitten twice by dogs during my running career, and one of the dogs that bit me while running has also bitten me while not running. I don't think I'd be so concerned if I ran when it was light out, but it's certainly not light at 5:30 AM or so when I go by the house.

No comments: