November 07, 2005

Two-thirds

So far, I've run two out of the three days since I made my proclamation. I wanted to run Sunday, but didn't get out of bed. J and I were up late Saturday night discussing the stresses of having two small children. I spent some of Sunday kicking myself for not even trying to run.

This morning I ran six miles out and back along the Parkway. It was a beautiful morning to run, with temperatures in the low 50s. The weather here has been great the past few days, with highs in the 60s and 70s.

I haven't mentioned it too much recently, but B seems to be doing quite a bit better. He's getting pretty chubby and is outgrowing his 0-3 month clothes. Not only that, but he's much happier and more alert than he ever has been.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It can definately be a challenge trying to get up and out the door in the morning with small children. I have 4 myself, but luckily my wife is very understanding and takes care of the kids so I can go run in the morning.

Anonymous said...

I have three little kids, and the secret is to get out of the house before they wake up, otherwise you have to attend to them.
But yes, it is definitely a challenge.

Anonymous said...

Good job getting out there. Kids do make it tough, but it sounds like you really need the break. My only advice is to make sure your wife gets as much "alone" time as you get to run. I'm glad to hear B is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm trying to get up and get out the door before everyone's awake, but the lack of sleep is getting to me.

Thanks for the advice, Mike. After being with the kids all day J definitely needs some alone time.